If you’re going to interview Slash these days, you better know what not to ask him, otherwise, be prepared for an awkward interview, or no interview at all.
It seems like the 47-year-old rocker has finally put his foot down when it comes to answering questions he doesn’t feel the need to answer. Although he might be best known for his affiliation with Guns N’ Roses to some, he doesn’t feel the need to talk about that. It’s been almost 17 years since he was a part of the band, and according to him, we need to get over it! As for his long-time feud with singer Axl Rose, we can forget about bringing that up as well.
If you want to interview Slash, here are seven rules you need to adhere to when doing so (via Fuse):
1. Guns N’ Roses is a topic that Slash can briefly touch on.
2. You can briefly discuss the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall Of Fame Induction – but only to the extent of the honor of that.
3. You can’t talk about the ceremony itself and Axl not showing up and their performance etc.
4. No questions about Axl whatsoever.
5. No questions about a possible Guns N’ Roses reunion.
6. No “on the road” stories or historic infamous type stories based around Guns N’ Roses.
7. There has to be a focus on what he’s doing now and forthcoming events/plans.
I’m surprised he didn’t enforce these rules a decade ago. It would get completely monotonous to have to talk about the past (only) in interview after interview, especially considering how many interviews musicians give every year. Good for him.