People magazine has put Gwyneth Paltrow in the #1 spot for the “World’s Best Dressed Woman”, all for her simple elegance.
Taking the top slot in the magazine’s special double issue of Hollywood’s Best & Worst Dressed of 2012, Paltrow is praised for being stylish and sophisticated, but not over the top.
“She has a uniform: It’s simple, not overdone,” says the actress’s stylist Elizabeth Saltzman. “She goes, ‘I’m happy — and that matters more.’ That’s what sets her apart from the rest.”
As for the rest of the list, see below (via USA Today):
1. Gwyneth Paltrow: World’s Best Dressed Woman (chosen by the editors of People)
2. Diane Kruger: Best High Fashion Style (chosen by Pamela Edwards Christiani, People style & beauty editor)
3. Kate Middleton: Best Classic Style (chosen by designer Janie Bryant)
4. Emma Stone: Best Red Carpet Style (chosen by Giuliana Rancic)
5. Jessica Alba: Best Jeans Style (chosen by Lauren Conrad)
6. Rihanna: Best Risk-Taking Style (chosen by Man Repeller blogger Leandra Medine)
7. Jennifer Lawrence: Best Under 25 Style (chosen by College Fashion editor Zephyr Basine)
8. Reese Witherspoon: Best Pregnancy Style (chosen by Camila McConaughey)
9. Miranda Kerr: Best Street Style (chosen by Who What Wear editors Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power)
10. The Kardashians: Best Trend-Setting Style (chosen by Simon Doonan)
As for the “Best Dressed Men”, Andrew Garfield, Brad Pitt, Robert Pattinson, Jay-Z, Chris and Liam Hemsworth, and Colin Firth made the record.
So, do you all thing People was on target with their lists?